Basic Breakfast Muffins
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat just until no streaks of flour remain. 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
1) Sprinkle muffin tops with mix of 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
2) Stir 1 cup blueberries into batter. Before baking, top with streusel: Combine 14 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp cubed butter.
3) Stir 1 cup raisins into batter and sprinkle muffin tops with rolled oats.
4) Fill muffin cups a third of the way with batter and spoon 1 tsp seedless raspberry jam into each, making sure not to touch edges of pan. Top with more batter. Sprinkle with slivered almonds before baking.
5) Stir 1 mashed banana and 1/2 cup chocolate chips into batter.
6) Substitute 1 tsp lemon extract for vanilla and add 2 Tbsp poppy seeds to batter.
7) Mix in chopped apple ( 1/2 to 1 cup), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
8) Stir 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut and 1/4 cup drained, chopped canned pineapple into batter. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tsp coconut before baking.